Work Based Learning (WBL) is a work experience program through which students receive school credit for working. In the CPE program, students may receive 1/2 credit - 2 credits from paid work, internships, volunteer work, and/or apprenticeships. The CPE Coordinator will visit students at their high school and worksites. Students may also choose to enroll in an additional program on campus and receive more credits.
- Gain work experience hours during school or after school
- Promote self-learning
- Strengthen the development of core academic skills
- Allow students to explore career options
- Enhance communication skills, leadership, and problem-solving
- Contribute to community economic development
School Credits Received
- 70-139 working hours - 1/2 credit
- 140-279 working hours - 1 credit
- 280 working hours or more - 2 credits
Students can enroll in Work Based Learning I in one school year and Work Based Learning II the next year.
Students must have transportation to work and provide proof of insurance.
Instructor - Mrs. Libby Ward